A Quality Roofing Option : The Flat Roof
The flat roof is a quality roofing option you can count on. Flat roofs have steadily become one of the top choices for homeowners. Compared to a sloped roof, a flat roof is considered a more energy-efficient option. This article will talk about what makes a single-ply membrane roof a quality roofing material you can trust.
Advantages of a Flat Roof
While this type of roof may not be the most aesthetic choice, the following are the reasons homeowners have become drawn to this option over sloped roofing:
- Damage Resistance- While flat roofing is not 100% damage-proof, it can withstand severe weather conditions. As a result, it can withstand more damage than its sloped roof counterpart.
- Added Space- Having the roof of your building flat gives you additional space to work with. You can create an outdoor patio, garden, or even both. A sloped roof would only give you a small attic space that would likely be used for storage only.
- Roof Access- When you have a flat roof, you can easily walk on and inspect it for any damage after a storm, while sloped roofs can be more challenging to navigate and may require you to call a professional.
- Easy Installation and Repair- Labor costs for installing a flat roof are significantly less because there’s less risk involved in the process. The material used is less likely to be damaged as much as a shingled roof, so fewer repairs are needed. When repairs are required, it is easy to access and perform the necessary repairs.
- Durability- As it can withstand damage from the weather and sun, a single-ply membrane roof will last 30 years or more.
- Environmentally Friendly- A single-ply membrane roof is installed with hot air welders and not open flames. This means you won’t have to worry about harsh fumes. Additionally, this type of roof is resistant to UV and ozone, lowering temperatures inside the building. This reduces the energy consumption of the building and allows you to reduce power usage.
If you’re looking for quality roofing choices, consider a single-ply membrane as a flat roofing material that will last. The flat roof is truly a quality roofing option. The best roofing is the one that offers you the most benefits, and it’s clear that flat roofs have a lot to offer.
T and G Roofing Can Help You with All of Your Roofing Needs!
With more than 30 years of experience in the roofing industry, we have the expertise to provide you with high-quality, quick, and efficient delivery and service. We specialize in commercial and residential roofing and can help you replace your roof or do any maintenance needed. Contact us today to schedule a consultation!